Flowers are such an important detail of any wedding. Make sure that you select the right wedding flowers using our helpful tips!
1. Find your inspiration: the first step is to find examples or inspiration for the type of wedding flowers you would like. It is helpful to search for wedding flowers on Pinterest and Instagram and save your favorite flower ideas to a folder that you can later show to the florist.
2. Set a flower budget: Make sure that you decide how much to spend on the wedding flowers before making your choice. Most couples spend about 3% of the wedding budget on flowers.
3. Coordinate with your color scheme: When choosing flowers it is important to keep in mind the decor, and the colors that you have already chosen. Bring swatches of your color scheme with you when going to pick our flowers in order to find wedding flowers that are cohesive with your overall look.
4. Keep the season in mind: The season of your wedding will determine many of your flower options based on seasonal blooms. Some flowers will be more expensive and harder to find in certain seasons. It is important to ask your florist what flowers will be in season around the date of your wedding.
5. Begin with the Bridal Bouquet: When you have a florist and you are otherwise prepared, design the bridal bouquet first. The other bouquets and all flower arrangements should be based on the bridal bouquet as it is the most important.