Wedding Paperworks and Atto Notorio

wedding dresses, wedding venue, wedding decorations

How to carry the paperwork to get married in Italy?

You shall obtain the so call Atto Notorio (Sworn Affidavit) is a declaration, in addition to the nulla osta, that is only required for US and Australian Citizens.

But what is the Atto Notorio?

It’s a declaration which states that, according to the laws of your country of origin, there is no obstacle to your marriage.

And how do I get it?

Of course you can obtain this declaration by:

  • an Italian Consulate in the US in Australia or
  • the relevant Tribunale Civile (Civil Court) in Italy or
  • by the marriage office located in the city where you want to get married.

Likewise, in order to request it you shall bring the following documents with you:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate (translated into Italian)
  • Divorce or death certificate (if previously divorced/widowed, also translated into Italian)

We hope we have been helpful. Do not hesitate to contact us for any question, we would be happy to help you throughout the process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *