How to carry the paperwork to get married in Italy?
You shall obtain the so call Atto Notorio (Sworn Affidavit) is a declaration, in addition to the nulla osta, that is only required for US and Australian Citizens.
But what is the Atto Notorio?
It’s a declaration which states that, according to the laws of your country of origin, there is no obstacle to your marriage.
And how do I get it?
Of course you can obtain this declaration by:
- an Italian Consulate in the US in Australia or
- the relevant Tribunale Civile (Civil Court) in Italy or
- by the marriage office located in the city where you want to get married.
Likewise, in order to request it you shall bring the following documents with you:
- Birth Certificate (translated into Italian)
- Divorce or death certificate (if previously divorced/widowed, also translated into Italian)
We hope we have been helpful. Do not hesitate to contact us for any question, we would be happy to help you throughout the process.